OPEN POSITION – Posted 05.09.2018
Merkel Donohue, a premier Steelcase furniture dealership in Upstate New York, is actively seeking Interior Designers for our Albany NY, location. Interested parties please send your resume to email@example.com
At Merkel Donohue, we strive to create spaces that are engaging, inspiring, and perfectly tailored to our clients’ needs and goals. If you are a creative designer looking for a fast-paced work environment that values not only the customer but the team member experience and love to collaborate with customers and sales staff to develop innovative and successful solutions, please consider applying to be part of our amazing design team.
The individual selected for this opportunity will be responsible for the execution of commercial design projects working on a team alongside Sales and Project Management to provide customers with the ideal furniture solutions for their needs.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in the areas of AutoCAD and be able to adapt quickly to furniture related software. Strong people, presentation and time management skills are essential for this position. The successful candidate will be a person of integrity who is self-motivated, creative and organized, possesses excellent time management skills, and can confidently present solutions to both internal and external teams.
Responsibilities of this role:
· Provide outstanding product application and design solutions for projects;
· Assure complete, on time and accurate specification of products and finishes;
· Apply independent thinking and value-add to take customer and salesperson input and deliver the best possible workplace solution;
· Field verification and Inventories of product;
· Coordinate electrical and data drop locations;
· Create implementation plans; and
· Present solutions clearly and effectively.
Required education, experience & skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
· Related experience with in-depth knowledge of the contract or commercial or kitchen and bath furniture industry
· Steelcase Product knowledge a plus;
· Knowledge of AutoCAD Systems, CAP 20/20, CET Designer/Revit & Rendering programs;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point);
· Proven organizational and follow-through skills;
· Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and work under time deadlines;
· Effective communication and people skills; and
· Clear judgment and problem-solving abilities.