CALLING ALL...Interior Designers, Architects, Industry Representatives, Interior Design Students and Architect Students
Join ASID NYU/CE for Fall into Design 2022. Meet up with fellow design fanatics in beautiful downtown Toronto, Ontario for a weekend filled with engaging education, upbeat networking and exclusive opportunities all while being wined and dined in the culture, fashion and art of the Yorkville neighborhood in Toronto.
COST: $200 CAD for the weekend
Price Per Day:
ASID Member - $100CAD/$78USD/day
Guest - $150CAD/$117 USD/day
STUDENT - $25CAD/$20USD/day
We encourage you to take photos documenting your visit to Toronto. Better yet, we want to see them!
Best submissions will qualify for a prize! Submit before the Awards Dinner Friday night to qualify. Check out the categories below and start planning!
- Best Postcard - With a walking tour through Historic Toronto, we've set you up for success. But maybe you'll find a unique shot of the city to set you apart from the competition.
- Best Advertisement - While touring the Global Showroom, see if you can take a photo that looks like an advertisement worthy of your favorite design magazine.
- Best Art Recreation - Can you recreate your favorite sculpture, painting or installation from the Yorkville Galleries Tour? Can you mimic a statue from the walking tour? Make sure you snap a picture of the original (or better yet, with the original) so we can compare!
- Most Creative/Funniest Photo - A trip isn't complete without some humor. Think outside the box and show your creativity
We can't wait to see what moments you capture!
FRIDAY: $100 CAD/ $78 USD
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM WALKING TOUR OF OLD TORONTO
Want to see the historic architecture of Old Toronto first-hand? Meet outside The Fairmont Royal York Hotel Friday morning to take part in a tour guided by Ray Charbonneau of Razart Installation Services Inc. Ray has over 40 years of experience in the art field, and has lead numerous walking tours through the Niagara region, Chicago and Toronto. It's sure to be an exciting and informative morning!
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CEU SHOWROOM TOUR
Hosted by Global Furniture Group, a renown manufacturer in the Workplace, Education and Healthcare sectors. Enjoy a tasty lunch and informative CEU. Finish up the afternoon with a guided tour of the The Blueprint Showroom.
Taking part in our photo competition? Don't forget to snap a
magazine ad inspired photo.
The Blueprint Showroom
200 Wellington Street West, Suite 1602
4:30 PM - 7:00 PM TOUR OF YORKVILLE ART GALLERIES
Tour a selection of art galleries in Yorkville. With a range of
modern and contemporary artists, your Friday evening is sure to be full of culture and creativity. Find inspiration in the unexpected mediums, bright colors, and variety of styles.
After a full day of networking and tours, make sure you stop by
Galerie Le Royer for a chute of champagne and appetizers.
Don't forget to take a photo recreating your favorite piece from
Galerie De Bellefeuille 87 Avenue Road, Unit 2
LUMAS Toronto 159 Yorkville Avenue
Ingram Gallery - 28 Hazelton Avenue
Galerie Le Royer 162 Cumberland Street, Unit 57
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM AWARDS DINNER
Wrap up your first day in "the Six" at CIBO Wine Bar. Join us as we celebrate the winners of the 2022 Design Competition and hand out their awards!
Judging for the Photo Competition will take place, and prizes will be awarded. Make sure you submit your photos before dinner!
CIBO Wine Bar (Lower Level)
133 Yorkville Avenue
SATURDAY: $100 CAD/ $78 USD
10:30 AM 12:30 PM ART GALLERY OF ONTARIO
Browse through a wide range of cutting edge contemporary art,
European masterpieces, emerging Indigenous Canadian artists, Gothic boxwood miniatures and Western & Central African art. With over 90,000 works of art, you can easily spend hours exploring this cultural center of Toronto.
Feeling a little peckish? Check out the Espresso Bar in Galleria Italia during your visit.
Art Gallery of Ontario
317 Dundas Street West
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM HARBOUR BOAT TOUR
Enjoy the scenic Toronto skyline from the water! Take in the lagoons of the Toronto Islands, historic Hanlan's
Point, and the Island Bird and Wildlife Sanctuary. Take envy worthy photos of the Toronto skyline, for Instagram!
Don't forget to grab a BeaverTail pastry for an extra tasty treat!
Harbour Tours Toronto Inc.
145 Queens Quay West
3:00 PM - 5:30 PM CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
We've spent the weekend telling you where to go, and what to
see. It's is your chance to explore the parts of Toronto you'd
still like to see. Or take a nap, no judgement!
1. Shopping - It's a form of exercise right?
• Eaton Centre (220 Yonge Street)
• Mink Mile (Bloor Street between Yonge and Avenue)
• St. Lawrence Market (92-95 Front Street East)
2. Site Seeing - More of an explorer? Check out these spots.
• The Distillery Historic District (Mill Street between Cherry St. and Parliament Street)
• Lake Shore Boulevard (Walk, run, bike or explore the waterfront)
• Ripley's Aquarium of Canada (288 Bremner Blvd.)
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM WRAP-UP DINNER
Enjoy dinner and drinks in the historic Distillery District as we wrap-up our eventful weekend in Toronto. More time to connect with other professionals and design students from the chapter over a lovely meal.
Cluny Bistro & Boulangerie
35 Tank House Lane
Join us at REIGN Restaurant & Bar for a casual meet & greet over cocktails!
REIGN Restaurant & Bar
The Fairmont Royal York Hotel
100 Front Street W