Fall into Design - ASID NYU/CE's Signature Event
M O R N I N G i n t o L U N C H
8:30AM - 10:30AM CEU WAKE UP CALL
• DESCRIPTION: Start the day off right, join us for breakfast and a morning cocktail from the mimosa or bloody mary bar and listen in on a CEU presented by Herman Miller at the beautifully renovated Sedgwick showroom.
• CEU: WHY DESIGN? This presentation provides an understanding of how inspiration and problem-solving design can be a cornerstone for innovation. It presents real examples of how this has been accomplished historically as well as features contemporary examples with contemporary design leaders.
• LOCATION: Sedgwick Business Interiors 100 West Court Street Syracuse, NY
11:00AM - 12:00PM ARC-COM DESIGN VP KEYNOTE SPEAKER
• DESCRIPTION: Meet Amanda Eaton, a Syracuse University grad and VicePresident of Design for Arc-Com! Amanda has been developing innovative textile products for the design community for over 20 years. Amanda has designed a number of award-winning collections and she continues to inject her creativity into environmentally sound, performance-based product development. Prior to joining Arc-Com, she gained seven years of hands on weaving experience working at a textile mill. Amanda is currently the President of the Association for Contract Textiles (ACT) and has served on the board for 5 years. She cites her 11 year old son Jack as her greatest creative achievement.
• LOCATION: The Nancy Cantor Warehouse - Auditorium 1st Floor Syracuse University 350 West Fayette Street Syracuse, NY
12:15PM - 2:00PM SLICE OF LEARNING
• DESCRIPTION: Break out of your lunch routine! Join Teknion and ROI for a “slice of learning” all while chowing down on a “slice of pie”, fresh salads and finished with one (maybe two!) gooey cinnamon knots from Toss and Fire.
• CEU: If Happiness is hard wired into us all, shouldn’t it be hardwired into our academic spaces as well? Mental health is one of the top concerns impacting academic performance at today’s colleges and universities. To address this concern, aspects of health and well-being are becoming a prominent part of academic design. This INTERACTIVE forum will present the science of happiness and what public health research has to do with higher education design, the impact on academic social spaces, what the big deal is with BIOPHILIA and how furniture and finish selection relate to the WELL BUILDING STANDARD and Cognitive Health.
• LOCATION: The Nancy Cantor Warehouse - Conference Room 4th Floor Syracuse University 350 West Fayette Street Syracuse, NY
S I E S T A i n t o H A P P Y H O U R
2:45PM - 4:00PM SPECIALTY ANNIVERSARY TOUR
• DESCRIPTION: “Stop worrying about missed opportunities and start looking for new ones.” ~~ I.M. Pei. Stroll over to the Everson Museum of Art and join fellow design enthusiasts on an architectural tour to celebrate the museum’s 50th anniversary! Designed by the innovative and well-known architect, I.M. Pei, known for bold designs of rectangular forms, irregular silhouettes and dramatic use of contrasted materials, spaces and surfaces.
• LOCATION : Everson Museum of Art 401 Harrison Street Syracuse, NY
5:00PM - 8:00PM HAPPY HOUR OF DESIGN POWER
• DESCRIPTION: Wrap up the day treating yourself to a “Flavors of Fall” specialty libation while you are wined and dined by Bentley Mills and Haworth at the newly opened Citronelle restaurant in the heart of Armory Square. Catch up with friends and check out the ASID NYU/CE annual design awardees all while enjoying tasty bites and an open bar of delightful wines and beers.
• GIVE BACK TO YOUR COMMUNITY: While enjoying your tasty bites from Cirtronelle, gear up for the crisp evenings of fall by entering the Give Back to your Community Pumpkin Decorating Contest. Get creative using repurposed industry samples, some paint and good old glue! Your beautiful creations will then be judged and of course a fun prize to be won! The pumpkins will then be donated to a local organization in need; such as a nursing home, women’s shelter, etc…
• LOCATION : Citronelle 113 Walton Street Syracuse, NY
ALL DAY PASS is your ticket to all events or pick and choose what works best for your schedule.
|STUDENT – ALL DAY PASS||$10.00|
|ASID MEMBER – ALL DAY PASS||$25.00|
|NON MEMBER – ALL DAY PASS||$35.00|
|CEU WAKE UP CALL||$5.00|
|ARC-COM KEYNOTE SPEAKER||$5.00|
|SLICE OF LEARNING||$5.00|
|ASID MEMBER – SPECIALTY TOUR||$10.00|
|NON MEMBER – SPECIALTY TOUR||$15.00|
|ASID MEMBER – HAPPY HOUR||$15.00|
|NON MEMBER – HAPPY HOUR||$20.00|
DOWNLOAD EVENT PROGRAM (Coming Soon!)
CEU WAKE UP CALL
- FREE PARKING: Syracuse University Warehouse West Lot; across the street from The Warehouse; corner of S. West Street and W. Fayette Street
- City of Syracuse Center Armory Parking Garage
- Republic Parking System
- Fayette & Walton
- Washington Street Garage
Thank you to our generous Sponsors!
Event Hosts and Contributors
Special Thanks to our Promotional Partner