STUDENTS! It is time to submit your projects to the 2018 Student Design Competition! Check out the entry requirements and criteria below and submit your entries here! Good Luck!
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND CRITERIA
- Freshman/Sophomore Level Design Students
- Junior/Senior Level Design Students
- The submission should depict a project completed during your academic career and the submission should correspond to the award category in the year it was completed.
- You may enter as many projects as you wish in either category. Each project must be entered separately. Entry fees are charged per project submission.
- All entries must be the work of the entering student only. No team project entries will be accepted.
- Provide a brief description of your submission outlining the design intent, objectives, program requirements, design challenges and solutions provided.
- The statement must be a maximum of 250 words and shown directly on your board.
- Submit a maximum of three (3) 11” x 17” presentation boards in a single PDF file in either landscape or portrait orientation.
- All images submitted must 300dpi resolution or higher.
- The boards may consist of plans, elevations, material selections, rendered perspectives, photographs or other media which complement the outline provided in the project statement. Boards must also include your name, school, project statement, and title of the project.
- Any student who is an ASID member in good standing and currently enrolled in an interior design university or college program within the NYU/CE chapter region.
REGISTRATION & FEE
- Entry fee is $10.00 per project submission.
- Register and payment: CLICK HERE!
- After registration and payment you will receive an email that includes a Dropbox link to upload your presentation. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt. Please contact Nicki Land if you do not receive confirmation of your submission, or if you are in need of assistance:Membership@nyuce.asid.org
- Completed entries and payment must be received by 11:55pm on Sunday April 15th 2018.
- Freshman/Sophomore Level: First Place ($150), Second Place ($75)
- Junior/Senior Level: First Place ($150), Second Place ($75)
- The ASID NYU/CE Chapter Student Design Competition Committee will appoint a jury with a minimum of three judges. Judges will be ASID Professional or Allied members.
- Entries are evaluated individually and awarded points. Judges’ scores for each entry are totaled out of the four (4) 25-point sections listed below. Totals from each judge are then averaged to determine the winner.
- The judges reserve the right not to issue any award for any category where the entry does not exemplify design excellence in accordance with judging criteria. Scores 79 or below are not considered for award purposes.
- Any entry that does not meet all competition rules and requirements will be automatically disqualified.
- Student names/schools will be temporarily hidden by a neutral third party before they are circulated among the judging committee.
- Design Objectives (25 points): Clarity of project. Addresses project requirements and scope in concept statement.
- Aesthetics (25 points): Overall visual success of the project using the principles and elements of design.
- Functionality (25 points): Effective and appropriate use of materials, finishes, furnishings, lighting, space planning and detailing.
- Design Creativity (25 points): Originality and creativity in problem solving, material use and attention to detail.
COMPETITION RESULTS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Winners will be notified by the ASID NYU/CE Chapter Board no later than Tuesday May 15th 2018.
- All entries will be recognized by our Chapter via social media, print newsletter, or other means.
- It is not mandatory, but strongly advised, that the awardee attend the awards reception on Friday, September 21st, 2018 in Syracuse, New York.
- ASID NYU/CE will assume no responsibility for electronically damaged entries or technical difficulties uploading.
- By participating, entrants agree to allow ASID NYU/CE to display entries and images at Chapter functions, other selected public events and/or communications.
- Entries will be disqualified without completed registration and payment.
- There will be no refund for entrants who pay the entry fee, but do not submit their project by the deadline.